School has started and last week I have been running around looking for props for this lighting class. I find this class to be intimidating because this lighting stuff is new to me. But this is what I wanted to do. It’s a lot to think about – the lighting and composition, putting it all together. It’s nerve racking. I also feel like I spend more time looking for props than actually taking pictures (which I do). I hope I have the right stuff for this week’s class.
I also spent this week looking for a new meter. I have 2 already and neither of them were spot meters so I went on ebay and bought one. Since I engraved my name on the second meter, I will be selling that on ebay. I could have returned it, but I was afraid the company would have found my name on it. I would have been on the black balled list.
My arm and hand is feeling better since the surgery. The pinky and ring finger is still numb.
Class was horrible. I took more time setting up than shooting. I almost started to cry. I did cry when I went home. I hate my project. I will not wait until the last minute to compose my photos – too much time was wasted. I wish I didn’t have to do the data sheet which is figuring out what the exposure will be before metering it. >:-p I lost the sheet that I did in class along with my textured papers that I bought. I think I threw it out. So it should be a the town dump by now. When I thought of this I heard the garbage man drive by with my papers…
2 weeks ago
He hated my 1st project too. When I put it on the white board in between the line of fire, I saw how dark my print was. At that point I didn’t even want to show mine. Of course, Guy Smiley picked on mine first because it was so dark. He made all of us print it out again so I hope I got it right this time. The point of this project was to get everything as bright and white as possible. It’s harder than I thought. Here are the before and after (round 2):
The after looks a little off. I hope it doesn’t print that way!